Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bad Day?

So I'm a bit aggravated.  Not only did I wake up with a splitting headache, but I'm learning that there are a bunch of things that I can't do on my computer now that it runs better.  Also my stupid phone is once again telling me that there's no more storage space, even though I have an 8gb card in it, and I have only 4 apps that I've downloaded: Facebook, Twitter, Google Music and Draw Something.  What could POSSIBLY be taking up so much room that 8gb isn't enough?!  It's absolutely ridiculous.  I'm sorry, but I'm going to bitch about my phone for a bit.
A few words of advice: NEVER GET THE HUAWEI ASCEND II!!!!!  Not only can you not pinch pictures to make them bigger, there are a bazillion apps that don't work for your phone since you have Cricket.  Also never get Cricket unless you have a plain old brick phone.  I have no space on the thing, even though I only have the four aforementioned apps.  It's also started to not accept calls, going straight to voice mail or just not notifying me that I'm getting a call in general.  I only get texts a third of the time, and most of THAT time I can't get multimedia messages.  Seriously, 8gb isn't enough???  I find that hard to believe.
On that note, I am quite looking forward to having an iPhone, despite having a long-term grudge against Apple.  I should note that I was working for AT&T customer service when the iPhone 4 came out, which was the bane of my existence at the time, and was a die-hard Android fan before that, thus the grudge.  So I am looking forward to it, but I can't download iTunes on my computer, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do there.  I'd say I can just use my boyfriend's computer, but I've tried getting music on iTunes from someone else's computer before, and it ended disasterously.  Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate what my cousin's husband did immensely.  I wouldn't go back to how my computer was if I had the chance.  It runs as smoothly as a calm river, and I'm very happy with it.  The way it was before, if I could compare it to a river, it would be as terrifying to navigate as the Amazon.  I like running on Linux, it's just that I'm frustrated with the limitations that big companies like Apple put on it.  It seems I can't download anything mainstream.  There are ways around it most of the time, but Apple is a dick company and if you don't use their products and their products alone, they might as well have someone yell through your computer, "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"
In short, phones suck, and computers suck.  I'd be all-encompassing and say that technology in general sucks, but that wouldn't be fair.  I like most of it, especially anything that makes advancements in space/time travel (cough Doctor Who cough); it's just phones and computers that I'm mad at right now. Are there any technological advances that have got you down lately?
Adios, readers, and today I leave you with what I've obviously doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment