Monday, April 30, 2012

I Will Survive

It's Monday, people, and today is brought to you by the letter F.  F as in flustered, furious, ferocious, and royally frakked (if you don't get the reference,  you need to watch more sci-fi).  It hasn't been the best of days, but when life gives you lemons, you throw them back in life's face and yell, "I don't want your damn lemons!"
I woke up this morning and have had my phone on me all day, even in the bathroom, because I was under the impression that I was going to hear from the gymnastics place that seemed to really want me.  I have been a bundle of nerves all day, and realized later that I needed to talk to them before the end of the day because a packing and shipping company had already offered me a position, and I am supposed to start that tomorrow.  I called and left a message with the receptionist since the manager (or whatever she is) wasn't available.  About an hour and a half later, I still hadn't heard from them, so I walked down to the facility to talk to the manager of the health center.  She told me that since I'm not a strong driver, she may not want me.  So I originally went in there to apply for a desk job, I got offered every position under the sun there, and then it was all taken from me because I can't drive.  Job teases.
You  know what, though?  I'm not going to let it get me down.  There are so many things that are trying to wear down my emotional barrier right now, but I'm stronger than that.  If they're going to try and pull me down, I'm not going to go down without a fight.  I'm determined to make this work.  It's going to be a good week.  I'm getting in shape, and I'm eating healthier.  I have a job, regardless of whether or not it's ideal, and I have a roof over my head.  What more can I really ask for?  Quitting is for the weak, and I'm not a quitter any longer!  I will show the world that I am stronger, and I'm gonna make it.  I feel I should quote Mary Tyler Moore here, but... Nah.
Have there been any times where you have really felt the pressures of life catching up to you?  I want to know all about it.
Bye for now, people, and today I leave you with a kitten, sweatin' to the oldies.

No comments:

Post a Comment